Cyclists take to roads of Great Yarmouth for Tour de Broads South event
Riders have taken to the streets of Great Yarmouth and beyond today, with the wheels firmly in motion for Tour de Broads South.
Hundreds of cyclists are racing through the coastal areas, as the first of two 2017 Tour de Broads events taking place this year.
The event began this morning in the town's Sea Life Gardens, with staggered starts for participants in the 100, 75, 50 and 25 mile routes, which will see them take the sights of Yarmouth and surrounding areas.
While cyclists in the shorter routes are already tucking into ice cream and chips provided by the Beach House Café for finishers, those ambitious enough to take on the longer routes are still negotiating their way around their respective courses.
The different routes saw drink stops set up in Carlton Coleville, Ditchingham and Acle Bridge, with participants in the 100 miles race stopping off for lunch at the River Garden in Thorpe St Andrew.
The event was organised by cycling shop Pedal Revolution and also included a shorter family ride option.
- 1 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 2 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 3 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 4 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades
- 5 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 6 Patient dies while waiting in ambulance for hospital bed
- 7 Fire fears over huge battery storage plants for wind farm
- 8 Obituary: Owner of huge collection of vintage tractors dies aged 75
- 9 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 10 Warning for drivers as Met Office issues ice warning across Norfolk