Cyclists set to raise funds for churches across Norfolk and Suffolk
- Credit: submitted
Cycling fans are being invited to explore the county's churches by pedal power and take part in the 30th anniversary of the Norfolk Churches Trust annual cycling event on Saturday.
The sponsored cycle gives people the chance to enjoy their very own Tour de Norfolk and explore some of the county's beautiful churches, and the aim of the sponsored cycle ride is to raise much needed funding to safeguard the future of the county's rich heritage of churches.
People can also walk from church to church if they prefer, and riders can visit a number of churches on horseback.
The event is a significant fundraiser in Norfolk Churches Trust's calendar and enables it to continue its vital work in administering grants to churches across the county.
Over the last three decades it has raised something in the region of £2,500,000.
You may also want to watch:
Organisers are hoping this special anniversary year will encourage even more people to take part and raise even more funds to support the county's historic churches.
Geoff Wortley, the Norfolk Churches Trust county coordinator, said: 'This is a wonderful way to explore the magnificent county of Norfolk and help maintain the many churches and their spires and towers which grace the skyline to safeguard their future for centuries to come.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 4 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 5 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 6 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 7 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 8 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 9 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 10 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure
'We have some of the finest medieval church buildings in Europe and hope everyone will want to be part of this much loved event.'
• The Norfolk Churches Trust Sponsored Ride and Walk is this Saturday between 9am and 5pm.
Churches which are not normally accessible will be opening their doors and many will serve light refreshments on the day.
Full details of the churches taking part and sponsorship forms are available at www.norfolkchurchestrust.org.uk
Most of the churches will also have sponsorship forms available.