Cyclist suffers serious head injury on A12 by Blundeston turning
Police in Lowestoft are appealing for information after a collision involving a lorry and a cyclist just before 10am this morning on the A12.
The dual carriageway north of Rackhams Corner was closed after the collision close to the Blundeston turning.
The 38-year-old man riding the cycle was taken to the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston with a serious head injury following the crash.
One lane of the A12 northbound has re-opened.
Police are asking anyone who saw the incident to call Suffolk Police on 101.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 3 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 4 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 5 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 6 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 7 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 8 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 9 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 10 Seller took motorbike for one last ride – and did 119mph on NDR