Cyclist suffers serious head injuries after crash in Spixworth
- Credit: Archant
One person has been airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries following a crash involving a car and a cycle.
Police were called to the scene, on the junction of Beeston Lane and Buxton Road in Spixworth, north of Norwich, at 7.25pm yesterday.
A Vauxhall Astra was involved in the crash with the cyclist.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service Trust said: 'A rapid response vehicle, ambulance crew, ambulance officer, East Anglian Air Ambulance and response car from EAAA were dispatched. An off duty paramedic was also on scene.
'They treated a man, believed to be in his 20s, who had suffered a serious head injury. He was airlifted to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge for further treatment.'
A fire crew from Sprowston also attended and the road was closed until just after midnight, with police investigators recording the accident scene.
Police are keen to hear from anyone who may have seen the crash or has information concerning the riding or driving manner of either the car or the cyclist beforehand.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 3 Norfolk zoo keeper abandoned as a baby reunited with mother in ITV show
- 4 9 of the best campsites on the Norfolk coast
- 5 Norwich man in court over £3.5m whiskey theft
- 6 Men fined more than £600 for fishing illegally
- 7 Café completely sells out on first week of launching Sunday roasts
- 8 A47 clears following long delays after four-vehicle crash
- 9 Woman freed from vehicle after car overturns near to shops
- 10 'Mishap' at historic hotel as van crashes into entrance wall
Witnesses should contact the Serious Collison Investigation Team on 101.