Cyclist suffers serious head injuries after crash in Spixworth
- Credit: Archant
One person has been airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries following a crash involving a car and a cycle.
Police were called to the scene, on the junction of Beeston Lane and Buxton Road in Spixworth, north of Norwich, at 7.25pm yesterday.
A Vauxhall Astra was involved in the crash with the cyclist.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service Trust said: 'A rapid response vehicle, ambulance crew, ambulance officer, East Anglian Air Ambulance and response car from EAAA were dispatched. An off duty paramedic was also on scene.
'They treated a man, believed to be in his 20s, who had suffered a serious head injury. He was airlifted to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge for further treatment.'
You may also want to watch:
A fire crew from Sprowston also attended and the road was closed until just after midnight, with police investigators recording the accident scene.
Police are keen to hear from anyone who may have seen the crash or has information concerning the riding or driving manner of either the car or the cyclist beforehand.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 7 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
- 8 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 9 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 10 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
Witnesses should contact the Serious Collison Investigation Team on 101.