Cyclist suffers life-changing injuries after crash on major Norwich road
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2011
A cyclist was flown to hospital with life-changing injuries after a crash on one of Norwich's busiest roads.
The accident, which also involved a silver Volvo car, happened at just after 6pm yesterday on the A1074 Dereham Road close to the travellers' site.
Insp Gina Hopkinson, from Norfolk police, confirmed the cyclist had suffered 'life-changing injuries' following the serious collision.
Paramedics from the East of England Ambulance Service Trust were called and the cyclist was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital by air ambulance.
The road was blocked while the vehicles involved were removed.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service Trust said: 'An ambulance, a rapid response vehicle and the East Anglian Air ambulance attended and treated one patient with multiple injuries including a back and head injury.
'The patient was flown to Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for further care.'
- 1 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 2 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Do you recognise this man?
- 5 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 6 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 7 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 8 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 9 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 10 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
Norfolk police have appealed for witnesses to the crash to call them on 101, quoting CAD 349.