Cyclist suffers serious injuries during collision in Swaffham
- Credit: Archant
A cyclist is in hospital after suffering serious injuries in a collision in Swaffham on Sunday afternoon.
Officers were called at around 12:40pm to the Waitrose junction of Green Way and Castle Acre Road to reports of a collision involving a silver Ford Mondeo and a cyclist.
The cyclist, a man in his 40s, suffered serious injuries to his face and hip and was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich Hospital by air ambulance where he remains.
Officers are keen to speak to any witnesses to the collision or the manner of driving of the Ford Mondeo or the bicycle before the collision.
Police are also appealing for anybody with dashcam footage of the collision to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who may have seen anything is asked to contact PC Chris Alexander at Wymondham Roads and Armed Policing Team on 101, quoting CAD reference 175 of October 21.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 3 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 4 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 8 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 9 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 10 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation