Cyclist airlifted to hospital with head injuries after being thrown into brick wall by crash
- Credit: Archant
A cyclist was airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after a crash in Spixworth.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the crash, which happened just after 4.30pm on Monday afternoon.
Officers were called to reports that a silver Volvo XC90, which was travelling along Church Lane, and the cyclist, who was joining the junction of Buxton Road, had crashed.
The cyclist, a man aged in his 60s, came off his bike and hit a brick wall. He suffered serious head injuries and was airlifted to Addenbrooke's Hospital where he remains in a stable condition.
The driver of the Volvo was uninjured as a result of the collision.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are keen to speak to anyone who may have witnessed the driving/riding manner of either vehicle, or has dash-cam footage of the incident.
They should contact PC Gary Prescott at Acle Roads Policing on 101.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 4 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 5 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 6 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 7 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 8 Former factory site to become a new church
- 9 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 10 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze