Cyclist left with possible life changing injuries after Norwich crash
A cyclist was left with potentially 'life changing' injuries yesterday afternoon a crash in Norwich.
Police confirmed that an arrest had been made after the crash between a car and a cyclist outside Greens gym in Barrack Street, in Norwich, just before 4.30pm.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: 'The 20 year old man was conscious and breathing at the time of the call, but still on top of the car when we arrived.'
The air ambulance was called, but the man was taken away in an ambulance at 5.20pm with a 'quite serious facial injury'.
Police closed the road between the Puppet Theatre and Kett's Hill, but were able to partially reopen it at 8pm.
The closure caused traffic chaos throughout the city during rush-hour, with cars queued back along Prince of Wales Road, through Tombland and Magdalen Street.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 3 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 4 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 5 Man who died in Old Buckenham crash named
- 6 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 7 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 8 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 9 'Fantastic' barn conversion with golf simulator and games room is for sale
- 10 Fire crews called to house fire in north Norfolk