Cyclist injured in car crash on A47
- Credit: Archant
A cyclist has been injured in a crash with a car on the A47.
The crash happened at around 7.30pm on Thursday and Norfolk police closed a section of the road between Blofield and Brundall.
Traffic was diverted through the two villages while police closed the road.
A police spokesman confirmed that the road was closed for some time with diversions in place but that it had now reopened.
He said: "A cyclist and a car were involved in a collision this evening on the A47 at Blofield.
You may also want to watch:
"The cyclist was injured which meant police closed the section of the A47 in this area for some time.
"The cyclist received medical attention at the scene.
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 3 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 4 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 5 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 6 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 7 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 8 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 9 Former care home sells at auction for £400,000
- 10 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
"A diversion was put in place for some time but the section of the road has now reopened."