Cyclist injured in car crash on A47
- Credit: Archant
A cyclist has been injured in a crash with a car on the A47.
The crash happened at around 7.30pm on Thursday and Norfolk police closed a section of the road between Blofield and Brundall.
Traffic was diverted through the two villages while police closed the road.
A police spokesman confirmed that the road was closed for some time with diversions in place but that it had now reopened.
He said: "A cyclist and a car were involved in a collision this evening on the A47 at Blofield.
"The cyclist was injured which meant police closed the section of the A47 in this area for some time.
"The cyclist received medical attention at the scene.
- 1 Parked cars prevent buses from serving north Norfolk village
- 2 Flames grip barn in north Norfolk
- 3 'Significant construction' on A47 to begin in 2023
- 4 Fewer than half of village's homes occupied by full-time residents
- 5 Blaze sees 20 passengers evacuated from city bus
- 6 Norwich's 'hidden' church added to at risk list
- 7 First-time publicans transform their local and are already winning awards
- 8 'Quirky' two-bed cottage in Wymondham on sale for £350k
- 9 Buses damaged in city centre collision
- 10 7 major events to look forward to in Norfolk in July
"A diversion was put in place for some time but the section of the road has now reopened."