Cyclist hurt after crash involving van in Norwich
- Credit: Mark Summers.
A cyclist has been taken to hospital with a suspected broken leg following a crash involving a van in Norwich.
Emergency services, including the police and ambulance service, were called to Dereham Road at just after 9am today (Wednesday, April 26) to reports of a crash involving a push bike and a white Peugeot van at the junction with Nelson Street.
A spokesman for Norfolk police said a cyclist has sustained injuries to his head and leg although they were not thought to be life threatening or life changing.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service Trust (EEAST) said they sent a rapid response vehicle, an ambulance crew, an ambulance officer and a response car from the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
A man in his 30s was treated for a suspected broken leg and was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
He said the injuries were not life threatening.
Ambulance crews left the scene at about 9.45am.
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 5 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 6 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 7 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 8 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 9 Do you recognise this man?
- 10 People told to shut doors and windows after suspected gas leak