Cyclist dies after crash in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
A cyclist who was seriously injured in a crash in Norwich earlier this week has died.
Officers were called around 4pm on Tuesday to reports of a crash, involving a black Audi Q7 and a cyclist on Aylsham Road.
The rider of the bicycle, a man aged in his 30s, was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital with life threatening injuries. He died in hospital on Thursday.
A man in his 30s, from the Norwich area, who was arrested on suspicion of drink driving, drug driving and dangerous driving following the crash has been released under investigation pending further enquiries.
Officers are keen to speak to anyone who may have witnessed the collision, or the manner of driving/riding of either the vehicle or bicycle prior to the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses should contact PC Shane Schucroft from the Serious Collision Investigation Team by calling 101.
- 1 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 2 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 3 'It's nonsense': Shoppers react to Norfolk's Tier 2 announcement
- 4 Man arrested after woman suffers broken collar bone in row over mask
- 5 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 6 What each lockdown tier could mean for Norfolk
- 7 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 8 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 9 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 10 Why have Norfolk and Suffolk been placed in Tier 2?