Cyclist dies after crash in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
A cyclist who was seriously injured in a crash in Norwich earlier this week has died.
Officers were called around 4pm on Tuesday to reports of a crash, involving a black Audi Q7 and a cyclist on Aylsham Road.
The rider of the bicycle, a man aged in his 30s, was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital with life threatening injuries. He died in hospital on Thursday.
A man in his 30s, from the Norwich area, who was arrested on suspicion of drink driving, drug driving and dangerous driving following the crash has been released under investigation pending further enquiries.
Officers are keen to speak to anyone who may have witnessed the collision, or the manner of driving/riding of either the vehicle or bicycle prior to the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses should contact PC Shane Schucroft from the Serious Collision Investigation Team by calling 101.
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 6 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 7 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 8 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 9 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
- 10 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat