Cyclist dies more than two months after Cringleford crash
- Credit: Archant
A cyclist who was seriously injured in a crash on the outskirts of Norwich has died - more than two months after the collision.
The man, aged in his 60s, was involved in a crash with a red Ford Fiesta on a road running parallel with the A11 in Cringleford.
The crash happened on the access road, near the junction with Round House Way, just after 6pm on Monday, November 9. One side of the road is for cars heading into Norwich - which was the direction the car was travelling in - and the other side is a cycle lane heading away from the city, which was the way the cyclist was travelling.
Following the crash, which led to the road being closed for almost three hours, the man was initially taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, with serious head, back, pelvis and leg injuries.
But he had to be transferred to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge. He died there on Monday last week.
Police have not revealed the man's name, or where he is from, but an inquest is due to be opened.
Officers from the Serious Collision Investigation Team are still investigating. Nobody has been arrested, but it is not yet clear whether anybody will face any criminal charges following the man's death.
- 1 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 2 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 3 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 4 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
- 5 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 6 Revealed: Travelodge behind multi-million pound hotel development
- 7 Man threatened to petrol bomb ex-partner's home
- 8 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 9 Man who survived motorcycle crash died from Covid, inquest told
- 10 Hot tub wrecked after car smashes through garden wall from Wilkos car park
• Did you know the cyclist and want to pay tribute to him? Call reporter Dan Grimmer on 01603 772375 or email email@example.com