Woman cyclist dies in collision with lorry
- Credit: Archant
A woman cyclist has died following a road traffic collision with a lorry in Bungay.
Police were called by the ambulance service at just before 3pm yesterday to reports of a collision involving a bicycle and an HGV on St John's Road in the town, near to the junction of Hillside Road West.
The cyclist was pronounced dead at the scene. Police said next of kin had been informed.
The road remains closed to allow an investigation into the circumstances of the collision to continue and local diversions have been put in place.
Anyone who witnessed the collision, or the manner of driving beforehand, should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team at Suffolk Police on 101, quoting reference CAD 188 of May 28.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 3 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 4 MPs join the call to suspend gallbladder surgeon
- 5 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 6 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 7 Popular railway will 'cease to exist' as soon as this year
- 8 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 9 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 10 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales