Woman cyclist dies in collision with lorry
- Credit: Archant
A woman cyclist has died following a road traffic collision with a lorry in Bungay.
Police were called by the ambulance service at just before 3pm yesterday to reports of a collision involving a bicycle and an HGV on St John's Road in the town, near to the junction of Hillside Road West.
The cyclist was pronounced dead at the scene. Police said next of kin had been informed.
The road remains closed to allow an investigation into the circumstances of the collision to continue and local diversions have been put in place.
Anyone who witnessed the collision, or the manner of driving beforehand, should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team at Suffolk Police on 101, quoting reference CAD 188 of May 28.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 3 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 4 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 5 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 6 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 7 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 8 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 9 A47 reopens after serious crash
- 10 Inside Norfolk's vital lifeline centre offering families respite