Cyclist dies in crash on rural road
- Credit: Google
A cyclist has died following a crash in a rural village.
Emergency services were called shortly after 8.45pm on Friday, September 13 to reports of a collision between a white Vauxhall Combo van and a cyclist on the B1077 Shelfanger Road, in Shelfanger, near Diss.
The cyclist, a man in his 40s, was pronounced dead at the scene.
The road was closed while emergency services, including the East Anglian Air Ambulance, dealt with the incident and was re-opened at 2.20am on Saturday.
Officers would like to hear from anyone who witnessed the collision or the manner of driving or riding before the collision.
You may also want to watch:
They are also keen to hear from anybody with dashcam footage of the incident.
Anyone with information should contact the serious collision investigation team on 101, quoting incident number 521 of September 13, 2019.
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 3 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 4 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 5 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 6 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 7 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 8 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 9 Teen in serious condition after bank holiday crash
- 10 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban