Cyclist dies at the scene of “incident” on road in Norwich
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
A cyclist has died at the scene of what police have described as 'an incident' in Norwich.
Emergency crews were called to Watton Road, between the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital traffic lights and the Spire Hospital traffic lights at around 3.15pm on Monday.
They were called to reports a cyclist had collapsed at the side of the road between the Norfolk and Norwich Hospital and The Spire Hospital traffic lights.
The casualty, a man in his 40s, was still being treated at the scene around an hour later, and multiple road closures were in place.
Police said they had received reports that a cyclist had 'fallen from their bike'.
You may also want to watch:
Police are trying to establish the circumstances surrounding the incident, and appealed for anyone who may have seen the cyclist in the area between 2.45pm and 3.15pm to contact them.
Anyone with information should call police on 101.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
• If you would like to pay tribute to the cyclist please contact firstname.lastname@example.org