Cyclist and car involved in crash on busy route in Norwich
A cyclist was rushed to hospital this morning after being hit by a car.
The collision between the man and a Vauxhall Zafira happened at 8.35am on Prince of Wales Road, near the junction with King Street, in Norwich city centre.
When police officers arrived at the scene, the cyclist, believed to be in his 30s, was lying in the road.
He was then taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital by ambulance.
A spokesperson for the East of England Ambulance Service said: 'We treated a man with a hip injury before conveying him to hospital for further treatment. His condition is not thought to be life threatening.'
You may also want to watch:
A Norfolk Police spokesman confirmed no arrests were made or are likely to be made as a result of the collision.
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 Part of A47 closed after concerns for woman’s welfare
- 3 Fresh calls for action over 'unacceptable' queues at A11 roundabout
- 4 Holidaymakers rescued after boat lodged under bridge
- 5 Bargain Hunt films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 6 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 7 Hundreds flock to see exotic birds in Yarmouth bushes
- 8 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 9 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 10 Administrators appointed at AF Biomass