Cyclist aged 65 found dead on road at Whinburgh near Dereham
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2011
A 65-year-old man has died on the roads at Whinburgh near Dereham this morning
Norfolk Police were called to the B1135 Dereham Road around 4.30am to reports of a man lying in the road next to his bicycle.
The road was closed in both directions between the junctions for Church Road and Norwich Road.
The East of England Ambulance Service responded to reports the man was not breathing and dispatched a rapid response vehicle, ambulance crew and ambulance officer.
'Crews treated a man who was in cardiac arrest and not breathing,' said a spokesman. 'Despite our best efforts he died at the scene.'
You may also want to watch:
Investigations are underway into the circumstances of the man's death, and his next of kin have been informed.
'It is not clear whether this is due to a road traffic collision or a medical episode at this stage,' said a spokesman for Norfolk Police.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 7 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
- 8 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 9 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 10 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
The road was reopened to traffic at 7.41am. Anyone who may have any information about the incident should contact Norfolk Police on non-emergency number 101.