Cycling event raises £3,500 for Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital
- Credit: Courtesy of NNUH
An annual cycle race has given a big boost to Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
The NNUH Tour Sportive event in July saw 550 cyclists take to the roads of Norfolk, taking on 30, 60 and 100 mile routes.
Now, the hospital has confirmed registration money for the event raised a grand total of £3,500 for the trust.
Emma McKay, director of nursing at NNUH said: 'The bike ride was a big challenge for all those who took part and we are delighted that it raised so much money.
'With the funds from last year's ride we were able to install an outdoor gym for our staff and patients to use, and with the money raised this year we are looking to use it again on enhancing staff and patient experience at the trust.'
You may also want to watch:
Louise Cook, NNUH fundraising manager added that it was 'a truly wonderful event'.
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 3 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 4 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 5 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 6 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 7 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 8 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 9 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk
- 10 12 police vehicles called to 'very serious' crash in west Norfolk