‘Totally gutted’ - Customers share support for owners of Woolf & Bird following closure
- Credit: Emily Revell
Support has flooded in for the owners of a Norwich restaurant following its closure.
Customers and fried chicken fans have shared their best wishes following the announcement that Woolf & Bird on Exhange Street has shut.
The business was forced to close due to a lack of funds.
Co-Owner, Francis Woolf said: 'When we took on the large site at Exchange Street, we only saw big things, but existing as an independent, ethical fast food restaurant in such a large space was not sustainable.'
He also reassured customers, that despite the closure, Woolf & Bird's sister restaurant, Woolf & Social on Nelson Street, remains open.
You may also want to watch:
Kind messages for the restaurant team have been posted to Woolf & Social's Facebook page.
Charlie Mak wrote: 'Hopefully the dream will resurrect again elsewhere. All the best for the future guys.'
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 4 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 5 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 6 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 7 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 8 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 9 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 10 Woman who died in A47 collision named
Jacob Oblivion said: 'Huge respect for giving it a go! Thanks for the Fowl Play and the amazing cheese croquet burger. Best of luck with your next endeavour.'
Similarly Will Turner commented: 'Totally gutted, you guys were phenomenal. Sorry about this.'
Niki Armstrong added: 'Sorry to hear this. You put so much effort in and your food was bangin'! It's difficult to compete with the big boys but glad to hear Woolf & Social is still growing! All the best for the future guys.'
Other messages of support for Woolf & Bird:
'So sad! More trips to Woolf & Social needed.'- Ruth Havers
'This is the worst news. Thanks for all the chicken, I am going to miss the karaage so much.' - Eleanor Bougie-Smith
'So sorry to read this. We are delighted that Woolf & Social is still continuing to be amazing!' - Rachel Conlon
'So sad to hear this guys. I'm glad I had the chance to be a part of the Woolf & Bird crew. Sending my love' - Scarlett-Rose Hood
'Please seek out a smaller location! We need your buffalo chicken wings.' - Helen Watson
'Really sad news Francis as it was a great place. Woolf & Social will still continue to rock Norwich with its fab taste combinations and hope to see you still popping up at events.' Amanda McWhirter
'Incredibly sad news... Loved this place and the chicken was superb. Good luck in the future.' - Tracey Stammers
'This restaurant was amazing, be very proud!' - Marcus Comins
'So so gutted to hear. Good luck with your next venture.' - Jody Brister
'It is more important than ever to support the independents. Big love guys. Long live Woolf and social!' - Ella Wiliams
'You should have a stall on Norwich Market, really good buzz about the place now.' - Richenda Jones
• Did you visit Woolf & Bird? Let us know what you thought in the comments below.