Cupid’s arrow strikes for Mexican couple who fell in love over a Suffolk beer
- Credit: Archant
During what is perhaps the most romantic time of the year, a beer from Suffolk has helped two people across the other side of the world find love.
Celeste Rosas contacted St Peter's Brewery in St Peter, South Elmham, near Bungay, to explain she had been in a relationship with her girlfriend Erika Nava for almost a year and was completely in love - all because of a pint of St Peter's Honey Porter.
Miss Rosas, who lives in Mexico, wrote to the company asking if Steve Magnall, CEO at the brewery, would be prepared to send out a personalised beer for her to present to her other half.
Miss Rosas wrote: 'Something we've never forgotten is that when we first met, we were both drinking a St Peter's Honey Porter and, in fact, the beer was the reason why we started talking.
'Our first anniversary is really close and I've been thinking of doing something special for Erika. Then an idea came to my mind. Wouldn't it be perfect to create a 'special edition' of the Honey Porter personalised with her name and the date of our anniversary. Could you help?'
You may also want to watch:
Quick to react, the company got in touch with its local label producer Anglia Labels to ask if they could create a dozen special labels to adorn 12 bottles of St Peter's Honey Porter to be sent out to Miss Rosas and surprise Miss Nava.
Mr Magnall said: 'It's so nice to receive letters from our customers, we pride ourselves on making beers that create a talking point, so to know that one of our beers helped two people find love is really lovely. With such a heart-warming request, we knew we had to fulfil it and we hope Celeste and her girlfriend enjoy their special beer and a long and happy life together.'
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 5 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 6 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 7 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
- 8 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 9 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region
- 10 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
St Peter's Honey Porter is a traditional English porter, which is auburn in colour and finished with honey for a unique aroma and taste. There are also flavours of chocolate and hints of vanilla.
• For more information about St Peter's Brewery visit www.stpetersbrewery.co.uk