Cruiser sinks after blaze in Wroxham Broads
Four people were rescued from the waters of the River Bure after a cruiser they were on set ablaze before eventually sinking.
Teams from Hemsby Lifeboat, Great Yarmouth Coastguards, and the Broads Authority, who launched their boat River Fox, attended the blaze at around 6.10pm today in the Wroxham Broads.
The cruiser was alight near the Norfolk Broads Boat Club and was doused with water by a firefighters who borrowed a boat from the club.
There were fears of an explosion from gas canisters on board, however it sank around two hours later, with those on board rescued having abandoned ship. There were no reported injuries.
A spokesman for Great Yarmouth Coastguards said: 'The teams were doing a good job, and it was just about getting the people away as quickly as they could, and keeping the vessel away from the shores.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 4 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 5 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 6 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 7 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 8 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 9 First look as Norwich's new £2.75m recycling centre opens
- 10 Farke hammers Tzolis for penalty antics in City defeat