Crowds gather in Wymondham for Dunston Harriers’ Boxing Day meet
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
Hundreds gathered in the centre of Wymondham this morning to witness a popular festive tradition.
Excited youngsters and families gathered in the heart of the town to see hounds and horses arrive for the Dunston Harriers' traditional Boxing Day meet.
More than 20 horses and a pack of hounds arrived in the town at around 11am, as part of the generation spanning tradition.
Joint master Nigel Bloom thanked the crowed for braving the frosty temperatures to come out.
He said: 'Our meet would not be the same without the support from the people of Wymondham. Thank you to each and every one of you, who have turned out on a chilly morning to see us all.'
You may also want to watch:
The Dunston Harriers, which has its kennels based at Wacton, near Long Stratton, hunt in a 50 square mile area of south Norfolk and meet two days a week between September and March.
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 3 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 4 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 5 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 6 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 7 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 8 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 9 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 10 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street