Cross-county response to large barn fire in Hoxne, Suffolk overnight
- Credit: Gregg Brown
Dozens of firefighters from Suffolk and Norfolk have been tackling a large barn fire in Hoxne in north Suffolk overnight.
Six fire engines were called to the barn blaze off Green Street after being called at 10.14pm last night, according to the Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service.
No-one is thought to have been inside the barn at the time and it is not believed to have contained any animals, a fire brigade spokesman said.
The barn is believed to have contained several bales of straw which caught alight when a fire broke out inside the structure.
This morning, the fire is still burning, with one crew still at the scene using a hose reel jet to bring the blaze under control.
You may also want to watch:
However, crews are expected to remain at the scene for some time while an investigation is carried out and the fire is extinguished.
The cause of the blaze is not known at this time but firefighters have managed to contain the fire in a specific area.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 9 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 10 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
The barn, which has suffered a lot of smoke damage, is 20 metres tall by 20 metres wide.
Five of the six fire engines attended from Diss, Stradbroke, Leiston, Framlingham, and Halesworth.