Cromer Soul Club raises £1,000 for Norfolk young musicians charity
- Credit: Cromer Soul Club
A north Norfolk club has raised more than £1,000 for a charity offering music lessons to young people.
The Cromer Soul Club raised £1,006.85 for the Norfolk Centre for Young Musicians (NCYM) at two Northern soul nights during the summer.
Held at Cromer Community Centre, the club's regular venue, the vinyl-only Keep the Faith nights saw around 100 soul fans attend each one, DJed by Piers Hawkins and Trevor Half-Nelson.
The club donated to NCYM, part of the Guildhall School of Music, due to its work with children of all backgrounds, and bursary scheme tackling financial exclusion.
And to celebrate the club's first anniversary, Cromer Soul Club will host an all-day event, from 3pm to midnight, on Saturday, November 3, with proceeds going to mental health charity, Young Minds.
You may also want to watch:
Trevor Half-Nelson said: 'With nine hours to play, we'll mix in a little more Motown and crossover soul this time.'
Tickets are priced at £5 in advance and £8 on the door.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 9 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 10 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray