Cromer’s new Lidl store on target for June opening
- Credit: Archant
A new Cromer supermarket is on schedule to open next month as builders make the final touches to the building.
The Lidl store in Holt Road has quickly taken shape and contractors on site are now finishing off their work, while staff prep the inside of the building for its first day of trading.
The 1,063 square metre shop, and adjoining 75 square metre Subway restaurant, is set to open to eager shoppers on June 13 at 8am.
Rob Beaumont, property director for the supermarket chain, said staff were looking forward to the store's launch.
'Cromer's a fantastic town and a good tourist destination,' he added. 'At the moment people are having to travel to our Fakenham and North Walsham stores so we know there's certainly going to be some happy people there who already shop with us.
You may also want to watch:
'We're looking forward to opening up the doors for the Cromer public. It's been probably 18 months to two years since we ran the planning.
'The building is looking fantastic, it really is a good development for us and Cromer we believe.'
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 3 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 4 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 5 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 6 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 7 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 8 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
- 9 'Fantastic to have people back' - Tea room reopens on Broads
- 10 Popular restaurant to reopen after staffing issues
Staff have been receiving training at neighbouring Lidl shops so they are ready to hit the ground running when the new branch opens.
The main contractors will be leaving the site on Tuesday. Fitting out of the shop will continue until launch day, with long life products filling the shelves first, followed by chilled items the day before and fruit and veg on the morning of opening.