Cromer’s congratulations to the Queen
- Credit: Archant
Students teachers and dignitaries joined together in Cromer Town centre to wish the Queen a happy birthday.
Cromer's town crier Jason Bell made a public announcement around the flag pole outside Cromer's parish church on Thursday morning , sending hearty congratulations to the monarch on reaching her 90th birthday.
He read a proclamation which stated: 'I am commanded by the mayor, councillors and townspeople of Cromer situated in the fair county of Norfolk to offer our sincere and heartfelt congratulations to our most gracious majesty.
'We wish her continued good health and look forward to even more years of her reign over this fair land, God save the Queen.'
Pupils from Burgoyne Middle School in Bedfordshire also joined in with the celebrations, singing Happy Birthday to the Queen with the town crier.
You may also want to watch:
The pupils were visiting the region for the week doing various activities with Alymerton Field Study Centre.
John Fosdick, chairman of Cromer Town Council's promotions committee, said they had wanted to arrange something for the Queen's birthday that older residents could take part besides the beacon lighting.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 7 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 8 Norfolk roadworks to be aware of this week
- 9 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor
- 10 Paddy Davitt verdict: The end game is upon us