Cromer Pier prepares to host first ever busking competition
- Credit: Robin Myerscough
Musicians are set to flock to Cromer Pier to take part in the Victorian attractions's first ever 'busking day'.
Six acts will play along the length of the pier as they vie for the public's vote, with the winning singer scooping a slot on the coveted Pavilion Theatre stage at a later date.
The tuneful idea was thought up by friends Ben Carpenter, a local music promoter, and Rebecca Wass, general manager of the pier.
Mr Carpenter, who helped organise this year's Rock Bodham weekend, said: 'I'm really excited as we will have no electric, power amps or mics so it will be proper old fashioned busking only.
'It should be a really entertaining day.'
You may also want to watch:
Miss Wass added: 'I've been working over the last few months to create some opportunities for artists to perform on the pier and entertain the visitors; this has worked well with walk-about acts and some storytelling.
'After seeing the success of Rock Bodham I knew Ben would be the perfect person to help increase this entertainment through to September.
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 3 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 4 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 5 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 6 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 7 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 8 Farke on his contract situation at City
- 9 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
- 10 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
'His brilliant suggestion of a busking day will showcase local talent and give one lucky winner a brilliant opportunity to perform on the Pavilion stage.'
The line-up is nearly complete and includes Jim Higgs (pictured), Swing Lizzy, Couch and Reg Length.
The busking day is being held on Sunday, September 8. The acts will play from 11am - 3pm, alternating every hour so they get to perform at different sections along the pier.
For more details visit the pier's Facebook page.