Cromer park jam-packed for family fun-day and skate park celebration
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of young people have been enjoying the sunshine as they celebrate the second anniversary of Cromer skate park- just months after it was threatened with closure.
BMX, scooter and skateboard competitions are being held at a packed family fun-day and picnic at Meadow Park on Saturday, June 17.
The new committee organised the event after stepping in to save the facility following an appeal for more volunteers.
On one of the hottest days of the year so far, there are also exhibition riders, stalls, live music and a barbecue.
Emma Spagnola, secretary of the Cromer skate park committee team, said: 'There's been a brilliant turnout and a real celebration with hundreds of young people enjoying themselves.'
You may also want to watch:
Local councillor Tim Adams, who organised the public meeting to put together the new skate park committee, said the aim of the event was to 'have a great day.'
'It's important for teenagers to have their space,' he added.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 3 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 4 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 5 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 6 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 7 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 10 BMW overturns in ditch after coming off A146