‘Cromer, famous for its c**p’ - BBC Breakfast subtitle blunder insults coastal town
- Credit: Archant
The BBC really took the bisque-it this week when an awkward subtitle fail accidentally insulted the popular seaside spot.
The feature appeared on the BBC breakfast show on Wednesday morning when reporter Jayne McCubbin headed to Cromer for a feature on the decline of fisherman.
But the course of live TV never did run smooth and a subtitle blunder accidentally said Cromer was famous for its c**p instead of its famous crabs.
Eagle-eyed viewer Paul Hughes spotted the mistake and posted on Twitter: 'I see BBC Breakfast is not a fan of Cromer'.
But Breakfast presenter Dan Walker quickly took to social media to claw things back and posted: 'Someone call Dave in subtitles... CRABS... we said CRABS.'
You may also want to watch:
This isn't the first time the troublesome technology has left Dan in hot water.
During Wimbledon this summer he said: 'We might be bad at some things in the UK, but we are so good at queueing.'
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 3 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 6 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 7 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 8 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 9 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 10 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
Unfortunately, the subtitles changed queuing to killing - giving a very different meaning entirely.