Cromer couple fundraising for two-year-old boy in US hospital
- Credit: Archant
A couple are raising money for a two-year-old boy receiving life-saving treatment in the US, after being 'touched' by his JustGiving page.
Paul Foskett and partner Clare Nightingale, who are both children's book authors, hope to raise several thousand pounds to help Freddie Hunt, whose family, from Hampshire, need to raise £450,000 for his treatment.
The couple, from Alfred Road, Cromer, are doing various sponsored walks and fundraisers for the youngster, who is in hospital in Arizona having proton treatment to remove a brain tumour.
Mr Foskett said: 'I have walked to Norwich on my own, which raised about £400. That was hard work as it was all along grass verges, as there were no footpaths. And we are doing a walk from Cromer to Sheringham and back this month.
'We don't know the family, but I was touched by their JustGiving page.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 3 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 4 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 5 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 6 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 7 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 8 Do you recognise this man?
- 9 'Very calculated predator' - how jailed abuser befriended pupils' families
- 10 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday