Cromer chip shop still closed after fire
A Cromer chip shop has remained closed this week after a fire broke out on its premises.
The Regency fish bar in New Street has been shut since Friday and staff expect it to remain closed for a 'while yet'.
Fire crews from Cromer, Sheringham, Holt, Wroxham , North Walsham and Great Yarmouth all helped tackle the flames after the fire broke out at around 10am on Friday, May 18. The area around the building was cordoned off while around 30 firefighters contained the blaze and dampened down inside the building.
The chip shop shares a linked kitchen with its sister Regency restaurant, which has also been closed since Friday.
But staff are hoping to re-open the restaurant this weekend to serve teas, coffees and foods such as jacket potatoes and salads.
Bernard Parkin, leaseholder of the Regency eateries, said he was waiting for insurance assessors to visit the scene and was working to get the restaurant ready in time for the weekend.
He said the fire had come at a bad time just before the annual Cromer and Sheringham Crab and Lobster Festival and the Queen's Diamond Jubilee bank holiday.
- 1 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 2 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash
- 3 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
- 4 18 sights you will remember from Norfolk in the 1980s
- 5 Villagers hope to take on land near their homes
- 6 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
- 7 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
- 8 Renewed objections to demolition of pub empty for a decade
- 9 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 10 A47 reopens after serious crash