Cromer Carnival serves up a treat with waiters and waitresses’ race
- Credit: Ian Burt
Staff from eight local pubs, restaurants and hotels put their serving skills to the test, at Cromer carnival's waiters and waitresses' race, held on the pier forecourt on Monday.
The event, which has been a carnival fixture for more than 40 years, saw 30 waiting staff from establishments including the Red Lion Hotel, the Bann Thai restaurant and the Hotel de Paris line up in front of a team of judges and the carnival 'royal' family, before taking on the challenge of pouring a tray full of beer and soft drinks which they then carried up the promenade and back with the aim of not spilling a drop.
Cromer mayor John Frosdick, who was on the judging team, said the race had set the scene for 'one of the best carnivals so far'.
'The races are just great fun,' he added. 'And, while a lot of people who visit the pubs want to see their favourite do well, I think they also really enjoy it when things don't go to plan and the drinks get spilt.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: Norwich City Council LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 5 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 6 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 7 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 8 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 9 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 10 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C