Cromer carnival chairman Tony Shipp praises ‘amazing’ week
The chairman of the Cromer carnival committee has declared the town's 43rd carnival 'amazing' and praised the hundreds of people who helped with the event.
Tony Shipp has chaired the committee for the past 27 years and was delighted with the number of people who arrived in Cromer to join in the week's activities.
He said: 'We started off with good weather and that brought people into the town. Lots of local people also watched the weather and came out when the sun came out.
'Attendance has been good this year, especially at the parade. The number in the parade was the best we've had for a number of years.'
Mr Shipp also praised the fancy dress dance, which took place on Friday night, as 'popular as ever'.
You may also want to watch:
He also believed that the week had helped trade in the town and hoped the town's many restaurants and cafes had benefited from the amount of people who visited Cromer.
'Overall it was amazing,' he said.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 5 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 6 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 7 Man defrauded more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm to fund gambling addiction
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Norfolk and Waveney's 30 under 30 - from world-beating athletes to business owners
- 10 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
'I would like to thank everyone who has joined in the carnival and supported us, the businesses and also thank you to the people who come again year after year. Also to the hundreds of volunteers who help - it would just not work without them.'