Cromer blanket marks Royal British Legion 90th anniversary
A colourful cosy blanket at the Royal British Legion's home at Cromer has a square for every year of the charity's history.
The 90-square creation marking the Legion's 90th anniversary was made by members of the local Women's Section.
And the person chosen to hand it over was Molly Cullen, the branch's vice-president who is also 90 years old.
She and club friends clicked away with knitting needles from April to June summer to make the six-inch squares in the organisations royal blue and gold colours.
They were stitched together into a masterpiece that was displayed a joint Poppy Party staged with the men's section in the parish hall, said secretary Sally Tipple. They hoped the blanket would be enjoyed by the residents of Halsey House.
You may also want to watch:
The 26-member branch does a range of activities from monthly meetings to taking part in county events. They hosted, and provided refreshments for, the Norfolk Songs of Praise at Cromer church on Sunday attended by more than 150 people.
The branch is keen to recruit new members wanting to support the welfare of service personnel. Contact Mrs Tipple on 01263 511060.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 6 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 7 City confirm midfielder exit
- 8 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 9 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 10 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
? Aylsham town councillor Paul McGrath is planning to do a 90-hour street collection for the Poppy Appeal to mark the 90 year milestone outside the town hall on Remembrance weekend. The former soldier who served from 1993-2000 will begin his vigil on November 7.