Cromer and Sheringham crab and lobster festival charity windbreak auction this weekend
Fifty huge art canvases, in the form of decorated windbreaks, will go under the auctioneer's hammer for charity at the weekend.
The creations, by local artists, clubs and community groups, have been on show around Cromer and Sheringham as an art trail linked to the twin towns' annual crab and lobster festival.
The sale, at 2pm on Sunday July 22 at Cromer pier, will be a chance to snap up some unique art from professionals to school pupils.
More than 240 people have had a hand in decorating the wacky windbreaks including 10 community groups and nine schools as well as families and staff of local businesses.
The auction will raise funds for The Fishermen's Mission and for a new grant scheme which benefits charities and good causes in the local area.
The windbreak art trail has drawn thousands of visitors into north Norfolk since it was launched in April this year.
Lots will be on display from 11am at Cromer promenade, when festival team members will be on hand to register potential bidders.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 3 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 4 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 5 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 6 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 7 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 8 'Ghetto' fears raised over scheme for 725 new homes
- 9 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 10 Which Norfolk hospital has the longest ambulance handovers?
Festival chairman Tony Shipp hoped people would turn out in force to the auction to support local charities and buy a piece of original artwork at the same time.'
Application forms for the grant awards will be available to download on the festival website www.crabandlobsterfestival.co.uk from Monday July 23.
From 1pm on Sunday organisers will also be presenting the prizes for the festival Seafood Snack and the Windbreak Trails before the auction starts.