Cromer Academy students step out on sponsored walk
- Credit: Archant
Students, staff, governors, and families joined forces for the bi-annual Cromer Academy sponsored walk which raised funds for local charities and school projects.
The 10-mile event around the villages and footpaths of North Norfolk provides members of the school with an opportunity to give something back to the local community.
This year's causes were the East Anglian Air Ambulance and the Cromer-based charity About With Friends.
Students were met at their lunch point, Southrepps Church, by local East Anglian Air Ambulance fund raiser, Jamie Edghill, who provided banners and balloons to add a real party atmosphere to the day.
Morrisons supermarket provided refreshments around the route to ensure none of the students flagged in the warm temperatures.
You may also want to watch:
It really was a whole school effort with everyone in the school having a role to play, whether it was marshalling out on the route, or walking alongside students.
Even the school canteen had a change of venue for the day, with the whole operation moving into Southrepps Church, providing food for all.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault