Criminal proceedings could be brought in crash death of ‘devoted father’
- Credit: Norfolk Constabulary
The inquest into the death of a man who died on the A11 has been paused again until a decision is made on criminal proceedings.
Rikki Loades, 31, from Norwich, died on the A11 at Wymondham on April 29 last year after a crash between his car and a HGV.
A pre-inquest review was held at Norfolk coroners’ court in Norwich on Thursday, April 23.
Area coroner Yvonne Blake said they were still awaiting instructions whether criminal proceedings would be brought by the Crown Prosecution Service.
She adjourned the case and said another pre-inquest review would be held in Norwich on June 23.
You may also want to watch:
A previous inquest opening was told that Mr Loades been born in Great Yarmouth and worked as a website developer.
His wife Tosin has paid tribute to him, describing him as a “devoted father, a loving husband, a hero of a brother and a wonderful son”.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 3 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 4 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 7 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 8 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 9 9 long walking trails to explore in Norfolk
- 10 Woman who got stuck in marshes rescued by coastguards