Criminal on run in Norfolk
A potentially violent man is on the run from a Norfolk psychiatric hospital.Edward O'Neil absconded from Cawston Park at 6.45pm on Friday and may have made his way to the Bowthorpe area of Norwich.
A potentially violent man is on the run from a Norfolk psychiatric hospital.
Edward O'Neil absconded from Cawston Park at 6.45pm on Friday and may have made his way to the Bowthorpe area of Norwich.
Police said the 47-year-old Scot has served approximately a year of a four year prison sentence at Norwich Prison for distraction burglary offences.
He had been a patient at specialist psychiatric hospital Cawston Park, near Aylsham, in recent weeks where he had been undergoing medical assessment.
Police are appealing for any sightings or information about O'Neil, who is white, 5ft 4ins tall, clean shaven with short greying hair and was last seen wearing a dark-coloured tracksuit.
Two men were arrested by police last night on suspicion of assisting O'Neil to abscond and are currently being questioned at a Norfolk police station.
- 1 Driver caught hitting speeds of 119mph on A47
- 2 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 3 Fake chefs deliver out-of-date lasagne to Carrow Road ahead of Spurs clash
- 4 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
- 5 Where the streets have no cars... the community that banned the school run
- 6 Investigation closed after cash stolen from popular attraction
- 7 Crash closes part of B1145 in west Norfolk
- 8 More cameras could be on way to fine law-breaking Norfolk motorists
- 9 City burger joint takes beef off the menu
- 10 PICTURES: The best-dressed punters at Fakenham Ladies Day
Detectives said they were making a large number of enquiries to trace O'Neil's whereabouts.
They added that O'Neil can be a "violent individual" and advised people not to approach him, but to report the matter to police immediately by dialling 999.
The accompanying photograph of O'Neil features him with a beard, but police believe he has now shaved it off.