You can’t park there - van driver issued ticket for parking on Norwich crossing
- Credit: Archant
A motorist has been given a ticket for parking on a crossing on a busy Norwich street.
The white van was parked on zig zag lines on a zebra crossing on St Augustines Street and had been parked there for some time.
The driver of the vehicle was issued with a ticket by police.
Norfolk Special Constabulary took to social media to reveal details of the incident, which happened on Friday (November 16).
They tweeted: 'Driver issued a ticket for parking on Zig Zags on Zebra crossing on busy Street in Norwich. Vehicle had been parked there for some time. #RoadSafety #PedestrianSafety 7007/1643 pic.twitter.com/OpYlOze2xQ'.
You may also want to watch:
The officer who issued the ticket explained to another Twitter user that the driver of the van did move the vehicle but only after it was pointed out to him that the crossing was obscured and other drivers would not see pedestrians crossing.
- 1 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 2 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 3 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 4 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 5 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 6 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 7 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 8 Could you offer one of these rescue animals a forever home?
- 9 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 10 People told to shut doors and windows after suspected gas leak