Three men arrested for cooking oil thefts from pubs
- Credit: Archant
Three men have been arrested after a series of cooking oil thefts from pubs in Norfolk.
The incidents took place from October 1, 2020, to October 28 this year, with the oil able to be converted into fuel.
Two men in their 40s and a man in his 30s were arrested in the Wroxham area for theft and going equipped on Friday (November 5).
Around seven of the incidents took place at The Green Man Pub in Wroxham Road, Rackheath from October 1 2020 to October 22 this year.
Heating oil was also stolen from The Cottage Pub in Thunder Lane, Thorpe St Andrew, after midnight on September 1 this year and at 11.30am on October 28.
Ken’s Fish and Chips Restaurant in Norwich Road, Hoveton, was also targeted the week before on October 21, with cooking oil stolen at around 4am in the morning.
PC Gareth Nutley said: “As a result of our enquiries, we are aware there may be further incidents of this nature that have not been reported and would urge anyone who has been a victim to come forward.”
- 1 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 2 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 3 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 4 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 5 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 6 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 7 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 8 Norwich man sentenced to life imprisonment after murder conviction
- 9 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 10 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
Anyone with information should contact PC Gareth Nutley at Norfolk Constabulary on 101 quoting reference 36/82354/21.
Alternatively, they can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.