Cannabis and cocaine recovered from village property
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested by a specialised drugs squad following a raid in a Suffolk village.
Suffolk Police's East Scorpion drug team carried out the raid at a property in Wrentham, near Lowestoft on Wednesday, September 4.
With a Section 23 Misuse of Drugs Act (MODA) warrant executed, cocaine estimated to be worth more than £3,000 was seized and a quantity of cannibis was also recovered, with a man subsequently arrested.
Officers took to Twitter following the search, saying: "EastScorpion have been busy in Wrentham, Suffolk.
"Sec 23 MODA warrant executed at a property, with over 3k worth of cocaine seized and a quantity of cannabis recovered.
You may also want to watch:
"1 male arrested and remanded in custody.
- 1 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 2 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 3 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 4 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 5 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 6 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 7 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 8 'Very high risk' paedophile who groomed 12-year-old has sentence doubled
- 9 Farke hammers Tzolis for penalty antics in City defeat
- 10 Air ambulance attends crash on the A11
Since its formation, the Scorpion branch has prioritised a mass crackdown on drugs trafficking as it works to combat child sex offences and deny criminals use of the roads.