Woman due to go on trial accused of murdering her husband in Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
The trial of a woman accused of the murder of her husband in Wymondham is due to be opened tomorrow (February 20).
Jeyamalar Kumarathas, 55, of Burdock Close, Wymondham, has denied murder.
Kumarathas Rajasingam, 57, died in hospital on March 17 after being stabbed at their Wymondham home the previous day.
A jury of six men and six women have been told by prosecutor Christopher Paxton that the case involved an allegation of murder.
Before they were sworn in, Mr Paxton read out names of people that will feature in the trial including police officers involved in the investigation.
You may also want to watch:
He also told the jurors that the couple, who have two children, used to run the nearby Spar supermarket on Blackthorn Road.
The case, which is expected to last about two weeks, is due to be opened by the prosecution on Thursday (February 20) morning.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault