Woman raped at University of East Anglia
- Credit: Archant
Detectives are continuing to investigate after a woman was raped at the University of East Anglia (UEA).
Police said the woman was attacked in the early hours of Thursday morning near to the lake at the Earlham Road campus.
Norfolk police said a man in his 20s was arrested in connection with the incident. He was taken to Wymondham Police Investigation Centre, where he was questioned.
He has been released under investigation, pending further enquiries.
The area was sealed off all day yesterday and until just before 12pm this afernoon, as detectives carried out their investigation.
You may also want to watch:
Police said the woman was attacked between 2am and 2.30am after being approached by a man. She is being supported by specialist officers.
A spokesman for the University of East Anglia said; 'Norfolk police are investigating a reported rape near the UEA Broad. The university is doing everything it can to support the police with their investigations.'
- 1 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 4 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 5 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 6 Nine ways to make your fuel last and avoid joining petrol station queues
- 7 Aldi to open 100 new stores with eyes on towns in Norfolk
- 8 Week's worth of fuel gone in hours at village filling station
- 9 Dad who threw daughter into cot cleared of murder
- 10 Why are there queues for petrol - and do you really need to fill up?
• Officers are keen to speak to any witnesses or anyone that may have any information regarding the incident. They are asked to contact DS Matt Jenkins at Norwich CID on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.