City courtroom closed after woman makes false anthrax claim
- Credit: Archant
A Norwich courtroom was forced to close after a woman falsely claimed she had been in contact with anthrax.
Police were called to Norwich Crown Court shortly before 11am today (March 15) to reports the woman had been in contact with the infectious disease.
Courtroom two was closed as a precaution, but officers later established the woman's claims were false.
An ambulance and two police cars could be seen outside the court at about midday.
Norfolk police said the woman who made the claims was attending court.
You may also want to watch:
The courtroom has since reopened.
- 1 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 2 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 3 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 4 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 5 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 6 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 7 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 8 Person pulled from car stuck in floodwater
- 9 Market traders 'devastated' over council plans to revoke licences
- 10 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze