Woman denies causing serious injury by dangerous driving
- Credit: Archant
A woman is to stand trial after she denied causing serious injury by dangerous driving.
Paffelona Jeyakumar, 44, of Keats Close, Downham Market, pleaded not guilty to the offence when she appeared at Norwich Crown Court on Wednesday (August 5).
It follows an incident at on September 4 last year when the defendant was driving her Honda Jazz car on the A1122 at Salters Lode, near Downham Market, and was involved in a crash with another vehicle.
An air ambulance, the fire service and the police were all called out to the crash, which happened just after 5,30pm and resulted in the road being closed between the Nordelph and Barroway Drove junctions.
Judge Katharine Moore fixed a trial for April 19 next year.
You may also want to watch:
A pre-trial review (PTR) is due to take place at the crown court on December 9 this year.
The defendant was granted bail.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 3 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 4 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 5 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 7 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 8 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 9 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 10 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets