Woman assaults staff member in Norwich restaurant and two police officers
- Credit: Archant
A woman in her 40s was taken into police custody after assaulting a member of staff at a Mexican restaurant in the city and two police officers.
Officers were called to The Wine Cellar restaurant in Guildhall Hill at approximately 8pm on Tuesday, following reports a woman was drunk and disorderly.
A short time later, officers received another call from Jive Mexican restaurant in Exchange Street that a member of staff had been assaulted.
A witness to the incident in the first floor of Jive restaurant said: 'A woman entered the restaurant and sat down on an empty table next to a man and a woman.
'She then took a drink and threw it over the man and when a female member of staff came over to tell her she needed to leave she lunged at her.
You may also want to watch:
'The woman was told she needed to leave again and a male member of staff escorted her out the building whilst another called the police.'
Officers attended the incident and two police officers were assaulted,
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 3 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 4 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 5 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 6 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 7 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 8 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 9 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 10 7 of the prettiest streets in Norfolk
A woman, of no fixed address, was arrested on suspicion of assault and remains in police custody and is due to be questioned later today.
Police confirmed there were no serious injuries to those involved.