Woman fights off attacker after being assaulted in Norwich
- Credit: Google
A woman was grabbed from behind and hauled to the ground in an assault in a Norwich alleyway.
The woman, in her 30s, was walking in the alleyway between Anderson's Meadow and Heigham Street in Heigham Grove between 9.15pm and 9.45pm on Thursday, August 19, when she was grabbed by a man.
He grabbed her from behind, pulling her backwards, making them both fall to the floor. The victim shouted at the attacker and kicked him before running to her home, but escaped injury.
The suspect was described as white, 5ft 8in, of slim to average build, and clean-shaven. He was wearing a dark short sleeve top and jeans.
Officers are asking anyone who witnessed the incident, was in the area at the time, or saw a man matching the description, to contact them.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is being asked to contact PC John Fuller at Bethel Street Police Station on 101 quoting crime number 36/60740/21.
Alternatively, you can call Crimestoppers completely anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Join our Norfolk Crime Watch Facebook group for all the latest crime news in the county.
- 1 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 2 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 3 Man dies after 'medical incident' on Yarmouth seafront
- 4 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 5 Star-studded cast announced for Norwich Theatre Royal 2021 panto
- 6 Birds of prey found shot and poisoned during raid in Norfolk
- 7 Plastic fork firm redundancies blamed on supermarket ‘greenwashing’
- 8 Closures near A11 roundabout after crash involving motorcycle and van
- 9 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 10 Home baker opens first shop after business 'snowballed' in lockdown