Woman arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crashing into a driveway
- Credit: IAN BURT
A motorist has been arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crashing through a driveway and assaulting several members of the public and police officers.
The incident took place in Northrepps, near Cromer, on Monday evening (December 2) when the driver, who is believed to be a woman, crashed into a driveway.
She then assaulted several members of the public and tried to get away before being stopped by bystanders and an off-duty police officer.
Thanking members of the public for their help, on Twitter North Norfolk Police, tweeted: "Tonight in Northrepps a suspected drink driver has crashed into someone's driveway and assaulted several members of the public and police officers.
"She is now in our custody awaiting interview.
You may also want to watch:
"Particular mention must go to the members of the public and an off duty officer who stepped in to prevent her making off prior to the arrival of local units despite the aggression shown towards them."
- 1 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 2 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 3 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 4 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 5 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 6 First look as Norwich's new £2.75m recycling centre opens
- 7 Reader letter: How Roy Hodgson can save Norwich City
- 8 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 9 Mum's relief at Cawston Park closure after 'hideous' restraint on son
- 10 'Ugly' Norfolk pub fight was sparked by act of revenge, court hears