Witness appeal after JCBs targeted in Thetford area
An appeal for witnesses has been made after thieves targeted two JCBs in the Thetford area.
A JCB Teleporter was stolen between 3pm and 5.30am on February 5 from an insecure barn in Bridgham.
An attempt was also made to steal another Teleporter from a farm on the outskirts of Thetford at around 8pm the same day.
In the second incident, three men started the vehicle and drove it across a field towards the A1066 but were seen. They abandoned the vehicle and fled the scene.
Police are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed suspicious activity around the A1088 and A1066 near to Thetford, particularly if it involved the movement of farm machinery and possibly with the use of a low-loader.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to contact PC Danny Leach at Thetford Police Station on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Talented 24-year-old opens new bakery in village
- 2 Dead sperm whale washes up on Norfolk coast
- 3 How close is Norfolk to tier 1?
- 4 What you can (and can't) do as Norfolk enters Tier 2 restrictions
- 5 'It feels like Christmas': Shoppers return to city as lockdown lifts
- 6 Early start for shoppers as Norfolk comes out of lockdown
- 7 North Norfolk care home put into special measures
- 8 'Our best ever year': The businesses booming as lockdown lifts
- 9 Police search after reports of camouflaged man 'with weapon' in woods
- 10 Norfolk driver to replace Lewis Hamilton at Mercedes for Sakhir GP