Witness appeal after car crashes into fence in Thetford
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press Â© 2011
A car crashed into a fence in Thetford but the driver failed to stop to give details, police have said.
Officers from Dereham Safer Neighbourhood Team (SNT) are appealing for witnesses after the incident overnight between Saturday, September 20 and Sunday, September 21.
The fence of a residential property on the junction of Westgate Street and A1065 Hillborough was badly damaged by the vehicle which then failed to stop at the scene.
The driver did not stop to report the incident and at this time there is no record of the driver reporting it later either.
It is thought that the driver was travelling from Swaffham towards Mundford/Brandon on the A1065 and that the vehicle was a Saab 93 convertible.
You may also want to watch:
The Saab would have sustained severe damage.
Police want to hear from anyone who witnessed the incident or has information concerning the collision or the vehicle involved.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 8 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 9 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 10 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
Call PC Holly Metcalf on 101.