Witness appeal after car crashes into fence in Thetford
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press Â© 2011
A car crashed into a fence in Thetford but the driver failed to stop to give details, police have said.
Officers from Dereham Safer Neighbourhood Team (SNT) are appealing for witnesses after the incident overnight between Saturday, September 20 and Sunday, September 21.
The fence of a residential property on the junction of Westgate Street and A1065 Hillborough was badly damaged by the vehicle which then failed to stop at the scene.
The driver did not stop to report the incident and at this time there is no record of the driver reporting it later either.
It is thought that the driver was travelling from Swaffham towards Mundford/Brandon on the A1065 and that the vehicle was a Saab 93 convertible.
You may also want to watch:
The Saab would have sustained severe damage.
Police want to hear from anyone who witnessed the incident or has information concerning the collision or the vehicle involved.
- 1 Man jailed for seven years over coercive behaviour which left victim 'shattered'
- 2 Nine Norfolk schools closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 3 Major boost for £100m campaign to reintroduce rail travel between two Norfolk towns
- 4 Six new coronavirus deaths confirmed at Norfolk hospital
- 5 Flood alerts in place across Norfolk
- 6 Fears loss of Arcadia group could have significant impact on Norfolk high streets
- 7 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 8 How close is Norfolk to tier 1?
- 9 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote
- 10 Talented 24-year-old opens new bakery in village
Call PC Holly Metcalf on 101.